
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948)
There are good news: I have rights. You have rights. WE have RIGHTS.
Now. I´m my country you go out and kids wander in the streets early in the morning to clean your shoes or windshield, they are victims of dry compassion, you also drive on certain hours and specific streets are filled with women that are seen as objects, you read the news and another feminicide, not to mention, that we far is the distance between what is told and what really happens. I could go on….
We all grow up, not knowing our rights but struggling just to get to the surface and breath, many probably too many, not only here, but in the whole world, all the get for a meal is the sense of insecurity, fear, food, shelter, education are just stranded dessertic ideas.
Poverty. Ignorance. Hunger. Selfishness. Judgements. Tags. Stigmas. War.
All enemies of our rights, all stones in the way to a fairer world, all ways to justify the lack of respect for people’s rights.
I guess this is my catarsis.
I guess the reason why we don’t do much, its because we become comfortable with the idea, one day we are like romantic fools dreaming about a better world, the other we just run in autopilot even as a way to protect ourselves, because it is overwhelming.
What to do? Someone said, “I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do”.
It’s realistic.
It’s true I can’t solve world’s hunger or diseases.
But I can live a daily basis respecting others, fighting to make every stigma and judgement go weak, breath deeply when you feel like jumping at someone, listen when u might even know what’d say. Reminding myself every morning, how can I live in dignity and allow others to live in dignity as well? Sometimes is a matter of perception, some other times a matter of action. If Jesus, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Waris Dirie, and all those anonymous heroes of human rights had settle, had ignored, had been indifferent we all know that our reality today were to be, just dark roads and hope depression. They were humans on earth that with their example and words captivated others to be the change the wanted to see in the world.
Peace. Love. Forgiveness. Dignity. Freedom. Opportunities. RIGHTS.
Good news? I have rights. You have rights. We have rights.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario